Richard J Goetz Horse Transportation - Richard Goetz Horse Transport ruined my horse!

New Orleans, Louisiana 10 comments

Richard J.Goetz Horse Transportations screwed up my horse!

He's a child's horse. It was awful! My horse arrived way too early on a long trip that ONE driver drove all the way through and I swear he was on drugs. His eyes were blood shot and he was sweating more than normal.

Also he looked like he had been convicted a few times. He didn't know what he was doing. He put a stud chain over his nose! and the agent was an absolute nightmare!

She acted like she knew more than I did about my horse and how he hauled and acted as if she were better than me. Then my horse was dehydrated and cut up and shaking. He is an excellent traveler and he has never done that but he did with this company. He was in a tiny stall that he barely fit in and the driver and the agent tried to tell me it was because my horse had tranq!!!

I never authorized my horse to have anything like that!!! It was given by them and not a vet! Lord knows how much they gave him. He's a child's horse and always travels well and doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

And then they tried to tell me I didn't know my horse well at all and I've had him for 15 years! Like they know my horse better than me. You just can't trust anyone these days.

The best part is, is that they gave me one price and then I got a bill that was $300 more than my quoted price!Are you kidding me?!

Review about: Hauling.

Comments

Ocala, Florida, United States #764899

I'll yell you about these people.They're rude and drive *** trucks.

Sure they're little trucks are nice but the trailer the horse has to ride in ain't no good. And they only have two driver! If you're a hauling company shouldn't you have more than that? This is just some little wanna bes.

I see them at keeneland trying to get business but I've got news for ya, that's the real people there so no ones gonna haul with you.They're gonna haul Brookeledge, now that's a real transport company.

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States #762371

Yup sounds about like them.Used to be a great company before Richard died, now it's gone down.

I use Thoroughbred Transport now.Try them and see if you like them.

Sorry about your horse.I have used Goetz a few times with no problems.

I haven't needed transport in past few years but I will this next year. The times I used them the driver was nothing like what you describe. Did you tell them that he looked like he was on drugs? They are family owned and I'm pretty sure my driver I used was one of the Goetz's.

He was a big guy with dark hair and I'm confident he wasn't the driver you had. He was polite knew what he was doing and a horseman no doubt. He was no drug addict ex *** that's for sure. I hate to hear this about your horse.

I hope that they looked into this drivers behavior. You talked to the agent, did you call the owner? Maybe they need to get rid of him. If I use them again I will certainly request I get the same driver I used in the past.

What was your guys name or what did he look like? The agent you dealt with was it one of the Goetz family? I always dealt with Richards daughter. They may just not be aware of this employee that they obviously need to get rid of.

If this happend to my horse I would not pay and I probably would have had the guy thrown in jail or atleast called police while he was on my property in that condition.

This is the 1st negative thing I've seen about Richard Goetz I hate to hear it.Call Richard himself I'm sure he would do something about this.

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #762111

Well Richard is not alive anymore and I have used them before but I swear I believe this company is falling to pieces because all I know is tha they only have two drivers left driving for them.I dealt with a woman named Desiree who clearly stated to me that she was now the owner and agent for this company.

I believe she is apart f the family so that's who I ended up dealing with. I'm so disappointed because it is hard to find good people these days. I'm glad you had good luck with them.

He was a tall thin type man.I never caught his name, but I sure won't be using them anymore because I can't risk it.

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States #761892

This is awful. So sorry for this.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #760954

He was not a pony but a horse for children, which happens to be a Thoroughbred.And it is quit funny how you finally want to take notice in this situation when it shows up on a website.

Also the type of condition it was in wa awful and you made no comments about anything else so that proves to me you have no concern for my horse.I have leaned my lesson.

Dallas, Texas, United States #760731

I am owner of company.Our company drug tests all drivers.

We ship Thoroughbreds.

I don't recall hauling any children's ponies.So I believe your complaint is bogus.

to Anonymous #760955

Judging by your English, I can tell that I hauled with a backyard bunch which must consider a child's horse to only be a pony. If you are actual horse people, then you would understand not all horses need that kind of treatment and it is the handlers fault for not being able to manage a well behaved animal. Also the type of condition it was in wa awful and you made no comments about anything else so that proves to me you have no concern for my horse. I have leaned my lesson.

I also know that you're company is out of Louisiana and not Dallas, Tx so nice try.:grin

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #762297

If this is a legitimate complaint I suggest you contact the main office number (318)965-4179. Anyone can get on the internet and type a bunch of nonsense.

to Anonymous Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States #762327

I'm sorry but your number isnt showing correctly

View more comments